- Be nicer to Miss H. It's not necessarily that I think I treat her badly, but we both have a very caustic, dark sense of humor so while we both dish it out to one another pretty good, sometimes I take it a bit to far and zing her with a joke when I should just shut up and listen. I do it because I think it lightens the mood but it doesn't always come off that way so it's probably time to work on that.
- Be more open and direct with Miss H. A lot of the really edgy, mind fuck kind of kinks we play around with both totally turn me on and at the same time crush me emotionally. Talking to her about them outside of when we're actively engaged in them totally embarrasses me so I change the subject or do whatever to not discuss them "in the light of day". That doesn't help either of us, I can't effectively communicate when I really want to engage in certain activities and she doesn't get the opportunity to discuss and talk about how she feels. That's one of the reasons she wanted me to start this blog. When I have the chance to talk about things remotely, such as through email or txt messages I can be much more open because there's not that shame of telling her directly to her face. Again, this needs to change too.
- Stop obsessing about trying to "read" Miss H and just go with what she says. I wrote about that problem in an earlier blog post if you're interested in reading more about that.
- Work harder at trying to accept that a true FLR type relationship is always in effect regardless if whether I'm tied up and hanging from the ceiling or we're eating Christmas dinner with her family. While this isn't a porno movie where we live some crazy fetish fuck fest every minute of every day, the basic underpinnings are always there. They might not always be at the forefront and super obvious, but they should be recognized as present and treated accordingly. I fall into the trap of being super subservient when I'm dressed and being caned, but when it's time to take out the trash and I'm running late for work, not so much. That's disrespectful to Miss H and belittles our FLR when an attitude like that rears its ugly head.
- Eat better. That means more fresh fruits and veggies and less processed crap. The ingredients section on a particular food item should not have 67 different things in it, most of which require a PhD to pronounce.
- Exercise more, at least four times a week for at least 30 minutes.
- Watch less TV, including sports (ugh, this is probably going to kill me) and instead read more or just get outside. I have tons of books I've been dying to read but somehow I get sucked into watching just one more episode of Storage Wars or whatever else happens to be on.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
New Years Resolutions
Ok, so I'm a tad late with getting around to writing this blog post considering its already January 5th but hey, it's bowl game week so I've been watching a lot of college football ;) This year there are a number of things of I want to work on both in my personal life, my work life, and my kinky life. I'll spare you the extended backstory and incoherent rambling and instead just get right into it -